Sunday, May 13, 2012

Zoom Zoom Quilt

Well I did get this finished in time for the baby shower! Thank goodness! Who ever thought Minky was easy to work with, was crazy!
This is a pieced, appliqued all Minky quilt. Custom Creations came up with the inspiration for this awesome "Zoom Zoom" quilt made with Shannon Fabrics. It is such a cute Minky line of fabric. Amy picked the kit out and bought it  and I sewed it! Andrea did help the last night with the binding. Of course, we got it at Quiltique!  I think it all sewed pretty well together until making the binding. Minky moves so much when you sew that it was hard to get to be straight. There are some great tips for Sewing with Minky on my Pinterest page.  I repinned the tips under my "Sewing" board. I used a yellow minky for the back that I had in my stash.
Also, I am so glad for 505 adhesive spray! There is no way you could of done this quilt without it! I think I used a whole can!
As for Kolton's shower, I think he is going to be one spoiled baby! Which he should be! I think there were way over fifty gifts for him and Ashley.
On to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment