Saturday, May 26, 2012

DUP Pillow

I belong to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers and we are getting a new Captain this next year. So I volunteered to make something for our Captain Juana. She loves fancy things so I decided to make it out of Satin and Lace. I wish I would of had more time to make a quilt for her. I guess I have two years to get prepared for when our next Captain leaves to make a quilt. I decided to use the Bernina 830 to embroider something. There are not very many Pioneer designs out there.  I was only able to find one Pioneer design that I thought would work and actually it worked perfect! (Hence, the Sun in the background) Our Camp is called Desert Sunrise so it work perfect. She was delighted with it, which made me happy! She is one of my childhood mentors and means so much to me. That is one reason I attend DUP.
Getting  ready to sew all weekend into Memorial Day! Be prepared to see some finished projects!

1 comment: